Create a Shadow in DrawingsI was recently trying to create some buttons/icons for my Google Site, when I came across a stumbling block. How can I create a little definition for my icons with a shadow?
Here is a very simple way to add a drop shadow to a shape in Google Drawings:
- Create the shape and choose a fill color.
- Copy the shape (Ctrl-c/Cmnd-c)
- Paste the shape (Ctrl-v/Cmnd-v)
- Change color of the pasted shape to your desired shadow color
- Re-order to place it behind the shape
- Move the shadow shape to the left/right & top/bottom of the shape to create desired shadow
- Add any words or illustrations that you want for your buttons
- Voila! You have a shadow.
Here's an image from my site with the buttons I created using this technique in Google Drawings: